Saturday, July 31, 2010

Rainy Day

It has done nothing but rain today. So what better to do than sit inside and sew. Mom helped me complete the apron and bagholder for the ad in Country Sampler. Let me know what you think please (: I'm still trying to get my website up and running. Remember it will have my line of aprons along with the Sami's Stitchery's line.



You have to try this! Peach Cobler!

1 large can of peaches (or 2 smaller cans)
1 cup self rising flour
1 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 stick butter

-Preheat oven on 350 degrees. Melt butter and place into baking dish. Mix flour, sugar, baking soda, and milk together in bowl. DO NOT over stir. It will still be slightly lumpy. Place mixture in baking dish. (Note: butter will rise up into corners of dish.) Spoon in peaches and juice into batter. Try to distribute the peaches evenly throughout the dish but do NOT stir it. I usually use a little extra sugar on top of batter and peaches. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until lightly brown. Enjoy with a spoonful of vanilla ice cream.


3 comments:

Jean Barker said...

Hi Samantha,
The apron looks great! Does the apron go around the bagholder when its not being used? I was just wondering. That is a clever idea.
The cobbler sounds yummy!! I have a similar recipe that calls for fresh peaches. I'll have to try this one.
Thanks for sharing.
Prim Blessings,
Jean

Mayra said...

I love it!! I'm a sucker for all things related to baking.

What ayummy treat! I've tried it but never made it..yet.

I can't wait to see when your business goes up!
Good luck!

CardinalCrafts said...

Samantha,
I really love the apron and the bag holder is just great! Nice choice of colors too! Thanks for the recipe!

Christina