Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Rum Ball Recipe

I wanted to share this recipe with everyone. Momma and I made a double recipe TWICE just so we had enough to give out to some of our neighbors and for Chris to take some to work. And they were such a hit.  Everyone and I mean everyone loved them!

Rum Balls

2 1/2 cups vanilla wafers
1/2 cup rum
3 TBSP Bourbon or brandy
1 cup ground pecans
1 cup powdered sugar
2 TBSP cocoa
3 TBSP karo syrup

Roll vanilla wafers between wax paper to crush. Add all dry ingredients together. Mix well. Add rum and bourbon or brandy. Drizzle karo syrup over mixture. Mix thoroughly, this is real sticky, so I just use my hand. Roll into balls, then roll in powdered sugar.

 
Don't forget to sign up for the fantastic smelly good giveaway here. Remember it ends 12/31 and I will announce the winners January 1st. We are only 7 entries away from a 4th winner. Enter Here!


1 comment:

Mary said...

Happy New Year Samantha! Thank you for sharing your Rum Ball recipe, it looks like a great keeper!I have already added it to my recipe collection and look forward to try them out! Wishing you and yours a very Happy and Healthy New Year! Hugs Mary