Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 10 Paint Cans


I made these Santa Paint Cans this weekend.  These are great to use to give a gift in.  Just add some tissue paper and a tag.


Take a paint can or sap bucket and spray paint with dark red paint. Let dry.  Paint face onto can with flesh colored acrylic paint. Let dry.  Dry brush cheeks with reddish or brown colored paint.


I used this side view for you to see where I placed the tagged onto the bucket.  Hot glue (2) black buttons in place for eyes. Glue 1/2" wooden plug for nose. Hot glue sheep's wool around face. Make a moustache from wool and glue below nose. I took a little sheeps wool and make eyebrows and glue them in place. glue holly and berries to top of forehead on side. I used spray and sprayed face and can then sprinkled mica flakes on can.




Don't forget to enter my Snowman Ornie giveaway. Click here to enter.

3 comments:

Carmen S. said...

OH those are SO adorable, LOL!!! I would love to receive one of those filled clear to the top with homemade cookies:D

Sheila said...

Those cans are so darn cute!

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

Loving those cans. Thanks for sharing!