I've been reading a few ladies blogs about this 40 bags in 40 days thing.. I was like what the heck is this? Well in 40 days you do your spring cleaning.. and you should or might come out with 40 bags of hamidowns, trash, stuff for goodwill, junk you don't want anymore, ect. I am excited to participat in this. My house desperately needs some spring cleaning asap. I plan on beginning this next week sometime. I'm going to divide up the 40 days by rooms, closets, ect. And not include weeekends..
Tips and Tricks
- Clothes::If you haven't warn it in over a year, toss it. Get rid of it. Donate it to someone who needs it.
- Books::Take old books you don't read anymore to a local library.
- Childs Toys:: Why do they have it? Did you buy it for them or was it a gift? Is it neccessary to keep?
- Keep an open mind when cleaning. If you had to show off your house to someone in 10 minutes could you clean it up that quickly?
- Quick clean up tip:: If someone is going to be at your home within a few minutes, take the few misc items and throw them into a close basket and set it in your laundry room or closet. Ta da! A quick clean up. Just don't forget to put it up later .
- Make a list of what room your wouldl like to accomplish each day and cross it off once you do. It will make you feel like you have accomplished something!-